Snapchat is an amazing and entertaining social media platform to share media files online with friends and your loved ones. A thing which is trending on Snapchat is to put username which sounds super cool just like their pictures and videos. Unfortunately, Snapchat does not provide a direct button or a link to change the Snapchat username. But that is not going to stop the Snapchat enthusiasts to change its username to make it super cool.
In other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, the process is very easy to change the name, but in Snapchat the absence of a direct approach to change the name makes it little complicated. Still, there is a workaround that will let you change the username on your Snapchat user account. To change the name, follow the steps mentioned below.
Here’s how to change the username on Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat app in your device.
- Tap the Snapchat icon from the left corner of the display.
- In the new display, tap the Gear icon from the right corner to enter the Settings
- Tap Name in the settings menu.
- Tapping Username will allow you to share it on Snapchat only. You can’t do anything other than it.
- Now, tap to edit or add your First Name and Last Name in the following tab.
- Tap the Save
- Now, you name will appear in the friend’s chats, stories, whenever they tap on your Display name and whenever you friends open their chat with you.
- Now, go to your Profile and check if your name is edited or not.
Make a New Account
- Launch the app on your phone and go to Settings.
- Now, scroll down the menu and tap Log out.
- Now, tap Sign up to create a new account.
- Enter the name of your choice.
- Now, select Sign up & Accept
- Build a new username of your choice and enter it in the given blank.
- Enter the email address which should be different from the previous account.
- Now, tap the Add from Address Book
- Now again tap Continue from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, tap Ok to permit Snapchat to access your contacts.
- Sign out, and log into the old account.
- Tap Snapchat Icon and tap My Friends.
- Now, write the usernames of all the friends you didn’t add to the new account.
- Again, log into your Snapchat new account.
- Now, add the friends manually by tapping Add by Username in Add friend
- Once the new account is created, you can now edit the phone number and email address as well.
- If you want to delete the old account, you can do it as well.
If the process may seem complicated to you, then you can create a whole new account and tell your friends to search you by providing them your URL. It will definitely cut short the efforts you are making in creating and adding the friends all by yourself.