While you are on vacation and looking for some alone time on a sunny day on a beach or having a Thanksgiving dinner with your family and friends, it is wise to mute your Apple Watch to enjoy the moment.
What you have to understand is that Silent Mode and Do Not Disturb are two separate features of your Apple watch. With the silent mode only the caller ringtone will be muted, but you will still receive your alarm and timers sound. You can use your hands to cover the screen of your Apple watch to mute the sound, which can prove to be quite helpful.
Enabling Silent mode on the Apple watch
If you want to activate silent mode on your Apple watch to make sure you don’t receive any buzzing while you are occupied with some other important task, follow the steps below:
- Hold the Digital Crown to ensure the Apple Watch face is up.
- Access the “control panel” by swiping upwards.
- Now, look for a bell icon to enable “Silent mode”.
You can also use your paired iPhone to enable the silent feature on your Apple Watch. To activate your silent mode with an iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Head on to the Apple Watch App on your iPhone.
- Now you have to choose the “My watch tab” from the options panel.
- Select “Sounds &Haptics” option.
- And toggle on the “Silent mode” option.
Enabling Do Not Disturb on the Apple Watch
Although silent mode is quite useful in muting calls and notification sounds. But if you are looking forward to muting the watch completely, you can opt for “Do not disturb” instead. To enable Do Not Disturb on your Apple watch, follow the steps below.
- Hold the Digital crown button to arrive on the watch face.
- Now access your “Control Centre” by scrolling up.
- Select the “Do not disturb” option (a crimson moon).
- Set the duration of the do not disturb feature.
You can use your paired iPhone to enable the Do not disturb feature on your Apple watch. To enable the Do Not Disturb mode with iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Head to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and select “General” from the options panel.
- Select “Do Not Disturb” option.
- And toggle on the “Mirror iPhone” option