Error 0x80073DOA is a Windows Store App Update specific bug check error, which might occur on computers, tablets, or mobile phones. Many users who are reported this problem are usually the users who run Windows 10 OS.
Generally, this error occurs when the users are trying to update or install particular applications from the Windows Store. However, this issue is not related directly to the applications, so don’t worry it doesn’t matter what software you attempt to download, and if there is any problem with your operating system, then the error will occur anyway.
You can fix this error 0x80073DOA after clearing Windows Store cache or by restarting the Windows Update services. Though, the roots of the problem may lie under incorrect date/time or Firewall settings.
Below we will describe how to fix the Windows Store App Update Error Code 0x80073DOA.
Steps to Fix Windows Store App Update Error Code 0x80073DOA
To fix this error code 0x80073DOA, you need to follow few instructions. But before starting the process, we want to tell you that some methods require modification of the registry, so we advise you to make a registry backup before any intrusion. Here how to fix this error:
Method-1: Clear Windows Store Cache
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run Command box.
- Then, type “WSReset.exe” in the command box and press the Enter key.
- Instead, you can also use Windows + X and then select Command Prompt as an admin.
- Now, type PowerShell –ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted command.
- After that, click on the Enter tab.
- Then, paste the $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest command.
- Again, press the Enter key.
Method-2: Disable Antivirus Software and Windows Firewall
- No matter what type of antivirus you are using, just ensure to disable it temporarily. And for this:
- Click to open “Task Manager” and finish its process out there.
- Then, find out the icon of the security software on the taskbar, right-click on it, and then choose Disable option. Once it is completed, disable Windows Firewall:
- Initially, press Windows + X keys simultaneously.
- Choose “Control Panel.”
- Locate the “Windows Firewall” and click on it.
- Next, click on the “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” option.
- If asked, enter your administrator password and then click on the OK tab.
- After that, configure Windows Firewall off of both private and public network.
- At last, click on the OK tab to save all the changes and close all windows.
After it is done, now check if the Windows Store error 0x80073DOA has been removed or not.